10.1.13

Breakfast on a gloomy day

It was dark this morning,
but at least my new potholder perked up the breakfast table.

ByHaafner, crochet, potholder, vintage, japanese crochet, teapot




















I decided on a dark brown backside and edging.
It makes the light blue really pop out,
- plus this colour combination has a certain nostalgic feel.

ByHaafner, crochet, potholder, vintage, japanese crochet, teapot, vegan breakfast




















The Japanese crochet book had a photo of this potholder
- with a nice border,
but unfortunately the matching pattern lacked the border.
So I improvised something similar.

I think this pattern would work great for bags, cushions or small plaids too.

ByHaafner, crochet, potholder, vintage, japanese crochet, teapot





















Have a non-gloomy day!

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful beautiful colour combination. Goes perfectly with you pot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prachtig en die kleur...... Welk haakboek is het,

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one of my favorite color combinations and your piece is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! And am enjoying discovering your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ♦♦♦
    Hi all,
    Thanks for kind comments, I really appreciate your feedback!
    Haafner
    ♦♦♦

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mooi, leuke kleurenkombinatie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I'm a blogger who loves your works from South Korea.
    I read your comment from Pinterest. I'm a newbie crocheter so trying to follow some of best blogger's works. That's why I wanna konw whether I can make that kind of good feelings of works or not. Your works of among them gave me good inspiration.
    If you feel heart about that, I'm so sorry about that. But in the near future I will expend my inspiration getting from you.
    On my blog, I introduced your blog to many of the Korean bloggers. I hope many of Korean gloggers got visit yor blog and get same feeling of me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work!! I would love to know where I can get this pattern. Thank you !

    ReplyDelete