28.12.12

Let's hope this one doesn't take a year...

Of all things one can crochet,
I think I like throws the best.
But oh..., they can take so very long to finish.
(Well, at least it costs me ages, but I'm often amazed
by the speed of some crocheters... Respect!)

ByHaafner, crochet, yarn, pastel,





















I learned to crochet just over one year ago.
And finished three throws in that period.
& a fourth one is still work in progress, since last spring,
and I really want to finish it.

ByHaafner, crochet, yarn, pastel, crocheted throw, work in progress, hexagons, thrifted white stool





















Nevertheless, I started to work on a fifth one very recently,
and hopefully I will be able to finish this one within a couple of weeks.
Should be possible, since I make it with a 5 mm hook,
and the pattern has a lot of gaps. ;-)

ByHaafner, crochet, yarn, pastel, crocheted throw, work in progress, hexagons, thrifted white stool





















So, here is a sneak peek.
Hope to show you the end result soon.

Almost weekend...
Enjoy! 

17 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog this week and am loving it!
    Not sure if to comment in Dutch or English. So let's have both. :)
    Greetings from stormachtig Ierland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je! Dat is ontzettend fijn om te horen!
      Tja, wat betreft het Nederlands vs Engels: misschien moet ik maar gewoon in het Nederlands gaan bloggen, maar ik vind het een aardige manier om mijn roestige Engels een béétje bij te houden. ;-)
      Klinkt romantisch trouwens: een stormachtig Ierland, ik hoop dat het dat ook vooral is - en niet te gevaarlijk...
      Hartelijke groeten vanuit een ietwat kwakkelend Nederland

      Delete
  2. Lovely. I'm curious to see the end result. Greeting, Mij

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your throw has delicate colors. I am sure, it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaps is goed ;-) Nr 5 pen ook!
    Hierdie throw gaan baie mooi wees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors! Crochet rocks! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vind de kleuren prachtig! Hou van pastel.
    heb je een patroon hiervan?
    Ben zelf ook met twee plaids bezig, op haaknaald 5, maar bij duurt dat zelfs eeuwen!
    Mooi blog heb je:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank voor je reactie! Ja, zelfs met haaknaald 5 kan het soms lang duren.. Dat is waar!
      Wat betreft het patroontje van de hexagon: als je me even je emailadres mailt (of hier in de reacties zet), dan mail ik je het patroon wel even.

      Delete
  7. What a lovely blog, I love the colours you use. I too love to crochet. Hello from Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have enjoyed your blog and crochet so much, the color choices are perfect genius! I saw many of your things on pinterest.com, that is what lead me here.
    Happy New Year!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd just like to say that your work is always beautiful! I'm the person who contacted you not long ago for the link to you pastel "Flowers in a Row" pattern because everyone on Pinterest was looking for it. I do appreciate you posting that link, now it is all over Pinterest!

    But I do have a question about the hexagon pattern on this page. Your joinings look so perfect. How did you do those?

    Gratefully,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, wat moooi!!
    De kleuren... alles!
    Heb je ook een patroon?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are very talented and the colours you choose are stunning. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. May I ask how much yarn you used and how many hexagons you made? Also the size of this blanket? Thank you so much

    Nat

    ReplyDelete